A lash lift is a semi-permanent method of lifting and curling the eyelashes to give the eyes an instantly more youthful appearance. Many people are under the impression that lash lifts are expensive, but this isn’t necessarily true because there are many different prices to consider when deciding whether or not this procedure is right for you.
In this article, we’ll discuss all you need to know about lash lifts, which includes the cost, so you can decide if they’re worth it in your situation!
What Is A Lash Lift?
Your eyelashes curl upwards to create an overall more extended, sexier look. If you struggle with curling your lashes or want something more straightforward, a lash lift could be right.
The process generally takes about 45 minutes to an hour and can last anywhere from three to six weeks, depending on how quickly your natural lash cycle grows back in.
How Much Does A Lash Lift Cost?
The cost of lash lifts varies based on where you live, where you get them done, and who’s doing them. Costs can range from $100 to $500 or even more, so it pays to do your research before committing to a salon.
Consider factors like location, the experience level of staff or physicians, hours they’re open, and whether or not they accept walk-ins. Once you find several salons that seem to have what you need, check out online reviews to understand how others feel about them.
When in doubt, don’t be afraid to ask around! Word of mouth is often one of your best resources when looking for quality services at affordable prices.
Who Should Consider A Lash Lift?
Men looking for more volume, length, and darkening of their lashes and women with thin, fine lashes may also benefit from a lash lift.
What can you expect? During your appointment, an eyelash extensions expert will first use an eyelash curler to ensure that your natural lashes are as complete as possible before applying lash-extension glue. Next, they’ll create individual clusters using mini fake eyelashes (similar to individual hairs), which they’ll apply directly on top of your existing eyelashes.
They will then use small clips to secure them and continue layering until they achieve maximum volume and length; an entire set should take about 30 minutes or less.
Before And After Pictures Of A Lash Lift
Many lash artists will offer complimentary pictures or post examples on their websites. Comparing before and after pictures of actual clients can help you determine if you want to get a lash lift. Some individuals think lash lifts are too dramatic, while others love them.
If you don’t like them, then there’s no harm in skipping the procedure, but if you’re curious about trying one for yourself, the source for more information is to see what others have to say. Be sure not to judge your final result based on photos taken after just one day; when your lift is at its prime (usually two weeks later), take pictures with and without mascara so you can compare results!
What You Should Know Before Getting A Lash Lift
Before you decide to get lash lifts, there are some things you should know. For one, getting lash lifts can be expensive. You’ll also want to make sure that you take care of your lashes even more, especially after they have been treated, because they can easily fall out or become damaged if you don’t treat them with care.
If your natural lashes are damaged or sparse already, lash lift procedures will probably not work for you and may even cause problems in other areas of your face and eyelids. Finally, it’s essential to understand that lash lifts won’t lengthen your natural lashes permanently. If you were hoping to avoid mascara forever after getting them done, you’d have to think again.
Lash Lift Aftercare Instructions
When you get your lash lift, whether it’s done at home or in an office, there are some things you should know to ensure that your lashes stay lifted and beautiful for as long as possible. Here’s how to take care of them.
- Firstly, limit your exposure to water for 24 hours. Even if you don’t think you cry or sweat enough to do much damage, it only takes a few accidental splashes or drips for your lashes to become clumpy and uneven. The best way to limit wet exposure is by keeping any water away from your face. This means no showers, no pool time (unless you want your eyes puffy), and no bathing pets while the lashes are still new from their little beauty treatment.
- Apply cold compresses like ice cubes wrapped in a thin towel which can be applied directly to your skin. A cold compress helps keep swelling down and will help prevent redness too.
- Avoid touching them with anything other than clean hands for 48 hours—and even then, try not to touch them more than you have to! If an eyelash falls out early after getting a lash lift, use tweezers instead of your fingers when putting it back into place. You can also use tweezers when applying mascara after two days. Just remember not to pull too hard!
- Avoid sleeping on your face until day three post-treatment. This will prevent you from accidentally smashing them down into your pillow and ruining that hard work.
- Use oil-free makeup for two weeks after getting a lash lift. Since you’re working with new lashes that haven’t been conditioned by mascara yet, it’s best to keep them free of any oils or chemicals that could clump them up or cause irritation in sensitive areas like your eyes and nose. If you have no choice but to wear makeup during these two weeks, make sure it’s non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) and doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients like alcohol or fragrances (which can be irritating).
Are Lash Lifts Worth the Cost?
Until recently, if you wanted to extend your eyelashes, you had to undergo a painful and expensive process of semi-permanent makeup application. But today’s lash-lifts are a trendy non-invasive alternative and can add fullness and length to natural lashes within just two hours.
But with prices starting at around $200, it’s essential to determine whether lash lifts are worth it before committing. If you can afford it without breaking a bank, then they’re worth every penny because it helps you undergo a tremendous and unpainful procedure within a short time.